2017 Cookoff Details
Try your hand at cooking!
Teams of 3-6 Youth will be supplied with two required ingredients. Both of these items must be incorporated into a complete meal for the panel of judges.
This year your recipe must include breakfast sausage and potato. Thank you to Hammer Down Farm LLC (Gilmanton, NH) & Donaldson Family Farms (Freedom, NH) for their generous donations of sausage, and Green Thumb Farms of Fryeburg Maine for their donation of the potatoes.
One adult supervisor per team needs to be present for safety precautions (i.e. lighting grill), but cannot assist in preparing food.
**** Please prepare three small (sample size servings) of your meal (one per judge), as well as one regular sized plate for your presentation/display.
- Anything that needs to be cooked must be done on a grill. (no electrical appliances)
- Teams must present dish to judges as a group, explain their dish and be prepared to answer questions.
- Required ingredients will be supplied at the beginning of the cookoff.
- Youth must bring everything they will need to prepare dish, including grill. No open fires or dug pits will be permitted.
- All preparation including cutting may not be done prior to the start of competition.
- No alcoholic beverages may be used in the recipe, presentation or be served to the judges. (Exception: cooking wine that may be used in marinating or meat preparation)
Score cards will be given to the judges. Winners will be determined by the following breakdown:
Creativity: 20 points
Teamwork: 30 points
Taste: 25 points
Presentation/Discussion with judges: 15 points
Visual Appeal of Meal: 10